Supporting equity for all families and children.
Our Family Coalition is always seeking volunteers to share their talents, energy and ideas with us. You can assist at our various events or in the office, or help design a new project, publicity materials, or a campaign. We greatly appreciate an extra hand in supporting our work to promote a better world for all our families!
What is required to be a volunteer?
A “superfun” attitude
A willingness to go the extra mile when needed
What do volunteers get in return?
The opportunity to promote a better world for LGBTQ families and our allies
Lots of smiles and hi-fives from families at our events. Seriously, you will find many of them thanking you, making this even more rewarding.
Warm fuzzy feelings because you give back!!
Call 415-981-1960 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to become a volunteer. Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you soon!
Our internships provide a great opportunity to gain professional experience advocating for LGBTQ rights in a non-profit organization. Connect with other advocates and develop your skills by becoming involved in one of Our Family Coalition’s meaningful and rewarding internship programs.
● Communications and Media Interns: will support OFC's efforts to increase the impact and visibility of LGBTQ-headed families through social media, e-newsletters, video, press releases, and OFC website.
● Development Interns: will support OFC's grants management and fundraising efforts.
● Education Interns: will support OFC's Welcoming and Inclusive Schools Program.
● Family Support Program Interns:will support OFC's direct work with families.
● Policy Interns:will support OFC's advocacy efforts and policy initiatives.
All positions are opened until filled. Interns are accepted on an on-going, as-needed basis. Minimum two-month commitment; 4+ hours/week; start/end date flexible. Our office is located in San Francisco, easily accessible by public transportation. For questions, please contact the staff person listed in each internship announcement.
Our Family Coalition offers a stimulating and challenging working environment that is both productive and enjoyable. With talented and motivated people working together as a team, we can go a long way in advancing the civil rights and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer (LGBTQ) families with children and prospective parents in California.
Joining the community is free, easy, ensures you'll be the first to know about our great programs, and makes it easy to register you and your family for events.