For as long as Oakland Pride has had a parade, Our Family Coalition's contingent has led it. We've anchored the family part of Pride in Oakland and in San Francisco for a generation, and our need to shelter-in-place to support our collective well-being hasn't put a dent in our commitment to community support. It's just dramatically changed the shape of it.
We're participating in Oakland Pride's weeklong "Celebrate-in-Place," running from Sunday, September 6th to Sunday, September 13th, 2020. Below are just a few of the events we're planning; check back often as we add more!
Community-building all week long:
Friday, September 4
- Pre-Pride Workout for Parents • 8-9pm • more info & RSVP
Sunday, September 6
- Arts & Crafts with Ayana • 10-11am • more info & RSVP
- Meet Our Family! Pride Inside Kick-off + a special announcement! • 1-2pm • more info & RSVP
Tuesday, September 8
- Teaching LGBTQ+ Inclusive History • 6-7pm • more info & RSVP
Wednesday, September 9
- Antiracist Parenting with Dr. Breeze Harper • 6:30-8pm• more info & RSVP
Thursday, September 10
- Music & Movement • 10am-11pm• more info & RSVP
Saturday, September 12
- Trans & Gender Nonconforming Family Social • 12:30-2pm • more info & RSVP
- LGBTQ+ Family Game Show • 3-4pm • more info & RSVP
Sunday, September 13
Past Pride Inside event videos will be archived at the above link.
Past Prides Outside
Enjoy these photos from OFC's march contingent and Family Gardens at past San Francisco LGBTQ+ Pride parades.