Do you have a story to tell about your family, or your family-building journey? Share that story with us here, and we'll publish it on our blog.
Posts can be anywhere from several dozen words accompanying a photo you love, or a story or essay that runs 250, 500, or even 1,000 words.
We're looking for stories by or about LGBTQ+ parents/caregivers or prospective parents, as well as the grandparents or adult children of LGBTQ+ headed families.
Here are some questions that might spark an idea:
- How is your family structured?
- What is your family formation story?
- Have you faced challenges in forming your family or parenting because of your identity?
- How were you able to navigate these challenges?
- What has been the impact on you/your spouse/children?
- What systems/people helped guide you?
- What advice would you have for other LGBTQ-headed families – or perhaps just your younger self?
- How have you or your family dealt with challenges at schools, medical providers, or elsewhere?
- Were there times when you expected resistance and instead were welcomed?
- Do you have opinions you'd like to share about current events, or perhaps movies, TV shows, music, or more?
- Do you have a story about how Our Family Coalition has had an impact on your or your family that you'd like to share?
Generally, we hope your story will not only inform other families on LGBTQ+ family topics, but also let others know that they are not alone in the journey of advocating for our families.
Whether you feel like you've arrived, or your story is not yet complete, know that we can keep one another company all along the way. And it always helps to feel a little less alone.